2017 Good Food Guide Awards
Many of Australia's food royalty came together on
The Streets of Barangaroo on 5 September to celebrate the industry's achievements (and enjoy a couple of wines).
On Monday 5 September, we proudly hosted this year’s Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide awards, in partnership with CIRRUS - the new restaurant from award-winning duo Brent Savage and Nick Hildebrandt (Bentley, Monopole, Yellow).
Taking place in a purpose-built marquee and event space connecting to the CIRRUS dining room (which is the same space under the Anadara building previously occupied by Noma Australia), the event saw over 350 of Sydney’s best chefs, restaurateurs and sommeliers descend on The Streets of Barangaroo for a night of fun and frivolity.
Not only did the guests get to celebrate the industry’s achievements over the last 12 months (see below for award winners), they also got a sneak preview of the much-anticipated dining concept at CIRRUS, with some of the amazing dishes served on the night including Ora King Salmon + Sorrel + Warrigal Greens, Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder and Potato + Smoked Curd + Curry Leaf.
Hosting the SMH Good Food Guide Awards sets the tone for The Streets of Barangaroo in becoming Sydney’s new foodie destination, with an impressive collective of restaurants now open along Wulugul Walk (which you’ll want to read about now if you haven’t already!).
Some of these restaurants will also feature in October’s Good Food Month, with Belles Hot Chicken, Ume Burger, CIRRUS, and Anason hosting high profile events. Tickets for these are limited, so we suggest getting a wriggle on and booking your spot now.
2017 Good Food Guide award winners:
- The Streets of Barangaroo People’s Choice Award: Dead Ringer
- Restaurant of the Year: Quay
- Chef of the Year: Federico Zanellato, LuMi Bar & Dining
- Best New Restaurant: Restaurant Hubert
- Regional Restaurant of the Year: Paper Daisy
- Wine List of the Year: Monopole
- Sommelier of the Year: Tim Watkins, Automata
- Bar of the Year: Continental Deli Bar & Bistro
- Best Bar Food: Bar Brosé
- Best Cheap Eat: Bovine & Swine Barbecue Co.
- Café of the Year: Paramount Coffee Project